Monday, June 18, 2007

Message from the Pastor



June 17th, 2007

Good afternoon!

As you know, on May 27th, I announced to the congregation of MCC of Corpus Christi that I was selected as the candidate for the position of Pastor at Holy Covenant MCC in Brookfield, Illinois (a western suburb of Chicago). Richard and I traveled to the Chicagoland area for the candidacy visit June 6th-11th.

Today, the congregation at Holy Covenant voted to call me as their next pastor, and I have accepted that call.

As I told the congregation of MCC of CC on May 27th, the Board would be notified of this decision first; then an e-mail communication, as well as a written communication would be sent to the members of MCC of CC within 24-48 hours.

My last day as pastor of MCC of Corpus Christi will be July 22nd, 2007. Rev. Elder Darlene Garner will be visiting MCC of CC the weekend of July 28th-29th. On the 28th, she will be meeting with the Board of Directors to discuss issues surrounding the question of "what happens next."

On the 29th, Rev. Elder Garner will preach at the morning service, and will moderate a congregational forum following that service. It is during that forum that questions and discussions regarding "what happens next" (including the issue of calling an interim pastor) will be discussed with the congregation. At this time, there are no plans to hold any additional congregational forums prior to Rev. Garner's visit. We will, however, keep the congregation informed of any changes in this schedule.

I ask that you hold your Board of Directors up in prayer as MCC of Corpus Christi prepares to embark on this next stage of its journey. I also ask that you hold Richard and I up in your prayers, as we prepare to enter the next stage of our journeys in a new community of faith. Finally, please keep MCC of Corpus Christi in your prayers, as this family of faith seeks God's direction for its future.

Grace and Peace,
Pastor Danny